Over the years, I have been looking at how we could answer any question any time before during and after a trip on the Camino. There are plenty guidebooks that will tell you everything about everything. The issue there is the wait ! I remember Jeff G. Asking me if we had something for his Ipad. back in 2011 when he was walking 65 days with us on Follow The Camino from Le Puy.
We have launched back in 2012 the Camino Guide that can be downloaded on ** Android ** and ** Iphone **. We have rapidly become the first app to be used on the Camino and are continuing being downloaded in the thousands What about you?
Camino Guide Free aims to become the benchmark application on the Saint James Way amongst other routes. This interactive guide originates from the partnership between TNR Code, Tournride’s computing and design department’s brand from Santiago de Compostela (Spain) and One Foot Abroad, a walking holiday company based in Dublin.
- History and useful text for the Camino.
- See&Do section. Places of interest, as well as monuments, exhibitions… All ítems are geolocated and therefore appears on your route. Updating PoI every week.
- Accommodation. Complete section with accommodation along the Camino. View by distance from current location and map view. Includes each accomodation’s contact details. Updating PoI every wee
- Pilgrim Info. Place of interest with usefull pilgrim info.
- Access to the most common routes in GPS, French Way, Finisterre Way, English Way are available and many more.
- Audioguides. Pending creation and compilation of geolocated guides.
- Your Organised Camino. In this section we include the different ways of following St James Way, organised by a specialist.
- Suggest places with upload photos and comments.
So download it right away to start exploring.