Staying motivated and positive during your walk is key to a successful Camino. A great way to make the time fly if you are out walking on your own is to listen to music!
Listening to your favourite songs can definitely put you in a good mood and help you to forget all about your feet. You can even pick songs with different rhythms and match your walking speed to the songs – walk faster during more up-tempo songs and then take a relaxed pace during slower songs.
You can create an album or playlist of songs that you haven’t listened to in a while. This will ignite a trip down memory lane whilst you walk. Another option is to create a playlist of inspirational and positive songs to get you in the zone.
Are you looking for a thoughtful and meditative Camino walking experience? Try instrumental and classical music without lyrics to give you time to think.
Here are some fun walking-song favourites:
- The Proclaimers – 500 miles
- Robert Mandell – It’s a Long Way To Tipperary
- Nancy Sinatra – These Boots Were Made For Walkin’
- Robert Mandell – Pack Up Your Troubles In Your Old Kit Bag
- David Kinsella – From Leap to Santiago
- John Denver – Take Me Home, Country Roads
- Neil Young – My my, hey hey (Out of the blue)
- Louis Armstrong – What a wonderful world
- John Lennon – Imagine
- Aerosmith – Walk This Way
- AC/DC – Walk all Over You
- Katrina & the Waves – Walking On Sunshine
- Amos Lee – Windows Are Rolled Down
- OneRepublic – I Lived
- TobyMac – Move (Keep Walkin’)
- Jimmy Rogers – Walking by Myself
- S Club 7- Reach For The Stars
- Miley Cyrus – The Climb
- The Foo Fighters – Walk
- The Eagles – Peaceful Easy Feeling
- Bon Jovi – It’s my life
- Queen – Don’t Stop Me Now
- Bruce Springsteen – If I Should Fall Behind
To read an interview with musician David Kinsilla who has released an album inspired by Galician music and the Camino de Santiago, click here.
Start planning your next fantastic walking adventure on the Camino!
Follow the Camino has been supporting pilgrims on their Camino journeys for over 15 years. As well as suggesting walking tunes for your journey we can also help you to plan your ideal customised Camino itinerary on any of the Camino’s many walking routes.
To start making your Camino dreams a reality – contact us for a free quote!
The Camino is Open for 2023 Bookings!
Book 3 months in advance to recieve a 5% discount!
Reconnect with your love of travel on the ultimate bucket list adventure through Spain.
Whether you have 5 days or 50 days – there is a Camino for you.
Flexible itineraries Luggage transfers Private rooms & bathroomsContact us
Originally published on 27th February 2017