6 Days of Exploring in Ireland’s Ancient East
Walking in the steps of our ancestors
Scenic & Mindful Trails | Greenway Cycle | Boat Trip | Celtic Stories & Song | Ireland Alive!
Discover Ireland’s Ancient East through the unique perspective of local experts, Phil and Elaine. These locals have carefully crafted a 6 Day Waterford Camino Experience. Retrace the footsteps of those who have gone before.
Phil, a nationally celebrated Musical Director with a PhD in Christian Spirituality, gently guides visitors on their way. Walking these trails with Phil and Elaine will leave imprints that will last a lifetime.
Based in Waterford this Camino Experience is not about covering vast distances, but about taking the time to soak in the beauty and peace of all that we pass along the way.
Every day, you can expect something totally different. A mountain trail one day, an old coastal pilgrim path another. A cliff walk, and even a cycle on the Waterford Greenway or a walk around the mystical lakes of Glendalough. Time on our Waterford Camino in Ireland’s Ancient South East is good for mind, body and soul.
Waterford Camino Highlights
- Comeragh Mountains: The Comeraghs offer everything from waterfalls to age-old pathways through a cathedral of rock to the woods below.
- St Declan’s Way: Walk in the footsteps of St Declan. A stunning cliff walk around Ardmore to the timeless surrounds of Lismore. Take in signature points on Ireland’s original Camino along the way.
- Waterford Greenway: A journey through time on foot or bicycle on this old railway line. Your backdrop is the towering Comeragh Mountains on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.
- To the Waters and the Wild: A coastal tour through the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark. Take a beach walk in Tramore and a cliff walk and boat trip in the fishing village of Dunmore East.
- Glendalough: A guided walk through the mystical surrounds of the ‘valley of the two lakes’. Soak in the peace and beauty that first captivated St Kevin some 1,500 years ago.
Our base for the 6 day Waterford Camino is in the heart of Ireland’s oldest City, Waterford. In the middle of the vibrant, award-winning Viking Triangle, this setting offers something for everyone.
All you have to do is arrive. Simply leave the rest to us!