Couch to Camino with Andrea Smith and Frances Black for RISE Foundation
Irish singer/songwriter Frances Black and journalist Andrea Smith are raising funds for the RISE Foundation by walking the Camino de Santiago in October.
Frances Black set up “The RISE Foundation” in order to focus on family members of those with addictive behaviour (alcohol, drugs, gambling, food or sex addiction). Frances and her team are dedicated to working towards helping family members to free themselves from the stress, anxiety, and worry of having a loved one with addictive behaviour. They also look to understand the nature of addiction and the profound effects it has on relationships.
Rise foundation Camino Video
This October, Frances, Andrea and a group of at least 30 others will tackle the Finisterre / Muxia Way of the Camino.This is the third year that Follow the Camino founder Umberto di Venosa will be guiding the group along the Way.
Andrea Smith is writing a weekly article for The Irish Independent about her preparations for the Camino. If you want to follow her progress you the links are below.
- ‘I’m getting in shape to walk the Camino’ – 21/07/2015
- Couch to Camino: Andrea Smith tackles the Atkins diet in her bid to complete the Camino – Week 2 – 28/07/2015
- Couch to Camino: 7lbs down on Atkins as Andrea Smith continues her journey to the Camino – 04/08/2015
- Couch to Camino: Andrea Smith attempts the Baby Food Diet ahead of her Spanish challenge – 11/08/2015
Updated (18/08/2015 – 11.00am):
Updated (25/08/2015 – 11.00am):
Updated (01/09/2015 – 11.00am):
Updated (02/09/2015 – 11.00am):
Updated (28/09/2015 – 10.00am):
- Couch to Camino: Andrea Smith faces the final curtain as she sets off for the Camino later this week
Updated (06/10/2015 – 09.30am):
- Couch to Camino: Andrea Smith is 25km down… but it’s not the ‘gorgeous walk in lovely weather’ she was sold
Updated (07/10/2015 – 09.30am):
- Couch to Camino: ‘The weather is like Doomsday… and the temptation of a taxi is strong’ – Andrea Smith
Updated (09/10/2015 – 09.30am):
- Couch to Camino: ‘Maybe the peace got to my head a little, but I began to feel really grateful for my life’ – Andrea Smith
Updated (09/10/2015 – 04.30pm):
- Couch to Camino: My next challenge will be ‘Camino to Couch’ to put back on the two stone I lost – Andrea Smith
If you have any more questions about walking the Camino, our other Camino de Santiago tours or our services, then please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow the Camino organises walking and cycling holidays in Europe for adventure seekers from all over the world. Since 2006, we’ve offered a great range of manageable walks and cycles for all age groups, in particular on the famous Camino de Santiago. We were the first ever tour operator to operate the Camino de Santiago by creating manageable sections along the main routes to Santiago de Compostela. We are often copied but never equalled!
To find out which route might be best for you, contact our Camino Planners through the form on the top-right-hand side of the page to get your free customised Camino itinerary.