In the steps of our ancestors, 6 Day Camino in Ireland’s Ancient East
Scenic & Mindful Trails | Greenway Cycle | Boat Trip | Celtic Stories & Song | Ireland Alive!
Discover the hidden corner of Ireland’s Ancient East, through the unique perspective of local experts, Phil and Elaine, who have carefully crafted a 8 Day Camino Experience that retrace the footsteps of those who have gone before. Phil, a nationally celebrated Musical Director with a PhD in Christian Spirituality, gently guides visitors on their way. Walking these trails with Phil and Elaine will leave imprints that will last a lifetime.
Based in Waterford this Camino Experience is not about covering vast distances, but more about taking the time to soak in the beauty and peace of all that we pass along the way. Every day, you can expect something totally different to what has gone before; a mountain trail one day, an old coastal pilgrim path another, a cliff walk, even a cycle on the Waterford Greenway or a walk around the mystical lakes of Glendalough. Time on our Camino in Ireland’s Ancient South East is good for mind, body and soul.
- Comeragh Mountains: One of Ireland’s best kept secrets, the Comeraghs offer everything from a dramatic waterfall to an age-old pathway that follows the River Mahon through a cathedral of rock to the woods below.
- St Declan’s Way: Walk in the footsteps of St Declan setting out on a stunning cliff walk around Ardmore and later arriving to the timeless surrounds of Lismore, taking in signature points on Ireland’s original Camino along the way.
- Waterford Greenway: A journey through time on foot or bicycle on this old railway line against the towering backdrop of the Comeragh Mountains on one side and the Atlantic Ocean on the other.
- To the Waters and the Wild: Coastal tour through the Copper Coast UNESCO Global Geopark with a beach walk in Tramore followed by a cliff walk and boat trip in the fishing village of Dunmore East.
- Glendalough: Guided walk through the mystical surrounds of this ‘valley of the two lakes’ to soak in the peace and beauty that first captivated St Kevin some 1,500 years ago.
Our base for the 8 days is The Tower Hotel and Leisure Centre, in the heart of Ireland’s oldest City, Waterford. Overlooking the marina on the River Suir, this Neville Hotel, offers the City’s most central location. With Reginald’s Tower on your doorstep and in the middle of the vibrant, award winning Viking Triangle, this setting offers a little something for everyone. All you have to do is show up. You simply leave the rest to us!